Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RoP - variety day

RoP - variety day snatches

buy in:
  • jumprope 4 minutes straight (white manila rope)

WOD:
  • snatches (12kg)
  • as long as I can go

cash out:
  • 4X5 kte's 

NOTES:
snatches:
* I set my gym boss for 10 minutes ...turned on the snatch challenge  from Newport... and followed Anthony with the snatches.  When 5 minutes was up, I held the kb over my head and clicked back to the beginning of the round and started over again. the clicking back took about 3 seconds. 
* I went 8 minutes straight, could have gone longer, but I was getting blisters and started getting side tracked in thinking about tomorrows workout and how could I do it if there were open blisters on my hands. So I stopped. 
* I only stopped because of the blisters.=(
* did about 150+ - I lost track around the 150 mark, so I am being conservative.
* tried to pace myself.
* not sure if I could have done 50 more in 2 more minutes (SSST) I average about 22 snatches a minute
* so... now I have something to work towards - I think I may call this my first SSST attempt
* wondering if its okay to put the bell down and re- chalk your hands in the SSST? I'm pretty sure that's why I've got blisters. I felt my form was really good - didn't bang my forearms once!=)
** just an an fyi for me - I actually feel the exercise --> the snatch - better with the 16kg. Its more of a workout. 
* happy with todays effort, not happy with the blisters ;)
KTE
* best form to date!!! =)