Saturday, February 20, 2010

ETK - ROP

week 7 day 6
ROP- heavy day

buy in:
  • dynamic warm up

WOD:
  • 4X3 c&p with pullups (16kg)

cash out:
  • swings (20kg)
  • 5 minutes!!! =) =)


NOTES:
c&p:
**NO PUSH PRESSES!!!! WHOO HOO!!! =)
**  rest :30 seconds between reps 2 + 3 in the 3rd ladder
** 2 minute rest between ladders
** a definite difference when doing the practice later in the morning vs. at 5:45 a.m.!!
Swings
** I was so happy when I rolled a 5, but this was the hardest yet!
** since today is a heavy day, I only rested 15 seconds between swinging rounds
**rounds were as follows:
  • 2 minutes (1.5 minutes 2 handed)
  • 1.5 minutes (1 minute 2 handed)
  • 1 minute (:45 seconds 2 handed)

** really good workout today =)

Going forward...Game Plan:
since I was able to do 4X3 today with the c&p, next week I will do a true light, moderate, heavy day.  I think this way is a better way to build strength instead of always doing the same ladders.
so next week will be:
light day: 3X2
moderate day: 3X3
heavy day: 3X4
I am sure the light day will be easy, but the others will be challenging. when I can do these ladders with relative ease, I will increase the ladders to 4.