Saturday, May 15, 2010

RoP - Heavy Day

heavy day

buy in:
  • dislocates/rotational dislocates
  • 10 pushups
  • 10 wall squats

WOD:
  • Clean and Press with pullups (16kg)
  • 1X3,5
  • 2X3

cash out:
  • Swings (16kg)
  • 10 minutes
  • 15 swings at the top of each minute

2nd cash out:
  • practice snatch (16kg)
  • 3X3

NOTES:
c&p
* doing the long clean and press really changed everything for me.
* had a really hard time with the clean and banging my arms,  and with the press.....
* tried to focus on all the key points from the RKC instructor yesterday: thumb back, good back swing, feet under armpits, etc. 
* 4 push presses 
Swings
* they were okay. I really tried to work on the back swing
* again tried to keep my feet under armpits, not too far apart
* swings worked out to about :30 seconds on/ :30 seconds off
* did a lot of one arm swings - 
* wasn't sure what bell to use, but I used the 16kg yesterday, so I went with that. 
* Will probably stick with the 16kg for a while till I feel I've nailed the form.
* felt it more in my abs yesterday with the RKC instructor
Snatch
* just wanted to practice what I learned yesterday so it stays in my head.
* went well - had a few really good ones. - only one as good as yesterday though
* took the bell outside - that way I wouldn't care if I dropped it
* tried to focus again on all the key points.

Overall, I think I was "focusing" too much today. Not a great practice, and I kept comparing my form to yesterday.  Also, the fact that I did do work yesterday may have influenced my workout today. I usually rest before my heavy day.  Decided going back to week 1 of RoP may be best and less pressure on me. This way I can just concentrate on form and not worry about the heavy day.